Speak Out: Olympia Snowe?

Posted by TheCamp on Tue, Oct 13, 2009, at 2:33 PM:

Whatta ya think?

Replies (9)

• Olympia Snowe is Arlen Spector in a dress.

On second thought bad analogy. I have heard rumors that Spector like Rudy Giuliani does sometimes wear a dress. http://rlv.zcache.com/rudy_guliani_in_drag_mousepad-p144139906794386508trak_400....

-- Posted by Legalize Liberty on Tue, Oct 13, 2009, at 3:25 PM
  • She's an idiot! Should have included the PUBLIC OPTION if she was soo worried about rising costs.

Here is what she said:

"When history calls, history calls," she said in announcing her plans after a long recitation of the problems confronting the American healthcare system, including rising costs and the swelling ranks of the uninsured.

Snowe cautioned that she reserves the right to vote against a healthcare bill when it reaches the Senate floor, likely later this month. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is working to combine the Finance Committee bill with a more liberal bill developed by the Senate Health Committee.

"My vote today is my vote today," Snowe said. "It doesn't foretell what my vote will be tomorrow."

Bottomline, she's a waffler. Baucas kissed her and the other republicans fat butts in an attempt to get a bi-partisan bill. In the end, it's a watered down hunk of nothing that will only give Carte Blanche to the insurance companies to charge what they want.

-- Posted by Egotistical_Bigot on Tue, Oct 13, 2009, at 3:29 PM
  • I hope she's got a thick skin because most of her own party is going to flay her alive. Maybe the health care industry lobbists didn't match her asking price. Just wondering, is she up for re-election this mid-term?

-- Posted by riregrist on Tue, Oct 13, 2009, at 3:29 PM
  • We can hope that Dirty Harry's final recourse will be the reconcilation path. In that way the Republicans can amend lit to death. At least tie up the whole issue in perpetuity until everyone will get sick to death of the whole thing.

Remember, November 2010, a Date of Deliverance.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Oct 13, 2009, at 3:51 PM
  • November 2010!?! I that when you think the Republican Party will see the error of it's current direction and cut ties with the likes of the Limbaugh Brothers & Rupert Murdoch.

-- Posted by TheCamp on Tue, Oct 13, 2009, at 4:02 PM
  • Quite to the contrary, Camp. That's exactly why the Republicans lost. They cut their ties with their conservative base, by acting and spending like drunken Democrats on shore leave. Bush was diaster, McCain was long past his prime. The Republicans lost their way.

But thanks to the Obama Insanity of going too far Left and spending beyond belief, the American people are beginning to see the diaster looming for the nation. And the truly tragic thing is the Democrats can't see it any more than the Republicans did.

It has long since ceased being a partisan matter. It is simply a matter of rescuing our republic.

It has to be the Republicans because a third party wont be able to win.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Oct 13, 2009, at 4:45 PM
  • voyager,

I am not sure saying the democarts can't see it is really accurate. I think its much more hontest to say he needs some time before anybody can judge his presidency.

That said, he is in a huge hole. Bleeding money while financing health care reform. He does have his work cut out.

I agree that Conservatives got a way from their roots. But that is not the message you hear from Limbaugh.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Tue, Oct 13, 2009, at 4:51 PM
  • Quite to the contrary, lumber. I listen to Rush frequently and he has proclaimed it loud and clear.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Oct 13, 2009, at 6:57 PM
  • Actually I respect Sen. Snowe. She made her case, deliberated and cast her committee vote. What I don't believe is that every Democrat on the committee was true to their constituents. Sounds like Ego-Bigs comments should have been directed at them. Cowards abound.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Wed, Oct 14, 2009, at 6:24 AM

Respond to this thread