Speak Out: The war on women

Posted by Old John on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 8:30 PM:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/23/panetta-opens-combat-roles-to-women/

So what happens when we get into enough wars to require a draft, will women be drafted?

Replies (62)

• Fantastic! Now American women can kill brown skinned people in foreign countries that never attacked us just like American men!

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 8:39 PM
  • This will put soldiers in harms way because they will be looking out for the girls. Are we also going to need plug ins on tanks for there curling wands? Also do you want a woman behind you with a M-60 that has PMS?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 9:00 PM
  • Should cut down on the rapes by fellow soldiers.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 9:40 PM
  • "This will put soldiers in harms way because they will be looking out for the girls." You seem to be suggesting that soldiers do not currently look out for fellow soldiers?

"Are we also going to need plug ins on tanks for there curling wands? Also do you want a woman behind you with a M-60 that has PMS?" You must have some weird momma issues.

-- Posted by CSIP2016 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 2:08 AM
  • I think that putting women on the battlefield front lines is a bad idea for a number of reasons but if they want to go there then let them.

The bigger problem is thet won't be required to meet the standards of current soldiers. This I know for fact. There is an agenda that has been pushed in the past 20 years (during the Bill Clinton presidency) to get women into front-line battlefield situations.

The Army PFT - physical fitness test - has been lowered significantly for women. Entrance to military academies have lower standards for women. And currently the US Army Ranger training - the toughest the Army offers - is pushing hard for the first woman to be a Ranger. And they are lowering the standards all along the way for this to happen. It is killing morale in the ranks.

Whatever happened to equal pay for EQUAL WORK?

Whatever happened to "equality" in general for men and women?

All these are democrat talking points when we know the real agenda. Buy more latino, black and female votes with government programs that favor them.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 6:47 AM
  • On a related note, the Navy has decided to nix urinals on future ships.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/07/navy-gender-neutral-ford-layout-nixes-urin...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 8:14 AM
  • There is an obsession with liberals and it's very real. I just don't understand their drive to make men more like women and women more like men. What, other that casting a net for votes, could their reasoning be?

For women on these threads, why would you want to be like a man? Why wouldn't you be proud of the "diversity" between the sexes?

Why should we *lower* standards for our military because you want to be one of the guys?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 8:26 AM
  • I think that a woman that has PMS and a M-60 would be the mother of all soldiers.......look out enemy soldiers. The only problem I have in front line women would be in times of a draft our little sweet daughters would be drafted just like the boys.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 9:12 AM
  • AWESOME!!!

Not enough men are being killed in these useless and unneccessary wars, so let's send in some women to die.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 9:52 AM
  • Dug: Why then is the tee box for women closer to the green than the men's?

-- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 9:54 AM
  • Why then is the tee box for women closer to the green than the men's? -- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 9:54 AM

Because Obama hasn't gotten around to that one yet? Not sure but it's definitely against the liberal mantra of all-things-equal.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 10:01 AM
  • "Because Obama hasn't gotten around to that one yet? Not sure but it's definitely against the liberal mantra of all-things-equal."

As much time as he has spent on the golf course, it surely has not escaped his notice!

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 10:31 AM
  • I do not believe women should be on the front lines in combat how disrespectful that is just my belief. Men have fought the wars for centuries and to place women in harms way in combat is not right in my opinion. Again common sense was not used in this decision by our government.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 12:31 PM
  • Hasn't hurt the IDF one bit. -- Posted by Spaniard on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 10:27 AM

Of course it hasn't. Israeli women are not allowed to serve in combat anymore. That trial ended decades ago. From Israel:

Edward Norton, a reservist in the Israel Defense Forces: "Women have always played an important role in the Israeli military, but they rarely see combat; if they do, it is usually by accident. No one in Israel, including feminists, has any objection to this situation. The fact that the Persian Gulf War has produced calls to allow women on the front lines proves only how atypical that war was and how little Americans really understand combat."

"Few serious armies use women in combat roles. Israel, which drafts most of its young women and uses them in all kinds of military work, has learned from experience to take them out of combat zones. Tests show that few women have the upper-body strength required for combat tasks. Keeping combat forces all male would not be discriminatory, as were earlier racial segregation schemes in the military, because men and women are different both physically and psychologically."

You were saying???

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 1:07 PM
  • I think a women's place is in the home cooking my meals, cleaning the house, and bringing me my beer. As far as I'm concerned they messed up when they let them vote, smoke, and drive. Everything has been downhill ever since.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 4:56 PM
  • And the men have spoken...and nobody cares.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 5:18 PM
  • -- Posted by username1 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 5:18 PM

And nobody cares what you think about what we think. A pointless post. Try harder.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 6:46 PM
  • Regret: Spoken like a true white 'war on women' republican. I hate to think what your opinions are about caucasions.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 7:10 PM
  • Howdy, Do you want your daughters and granddaughters fighting in front line combat?

Only when we completely devalue womanhood will they not be a special target for enemies in battle.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 7:56 PM
  • Regret: Spoken like a true white 'war on women' republican. I hate to think what your opinions are about caucasions.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 7:10 PM

Howdy,

It might come as a surprise to you.... but some of us still will open a door for a lady and not consider it to be condescending.

On the other hand, you might want to think twice about messing with some of our ladies because once riled they can hold their own. I have a cousin from Holland who is 6' tall and she was attacked by a mugger. I asked how she handled it. She said she decided, once she knew it was going to happen, that she could either be a victim or defend herself.

So she kicked the crap out of the mugger. I asked how he handled that? She said he ran.

In today's world, I like to see a lady who knows how to handle protecting herself, but I am sorry, I am too old to want to see them doing battle on the front line.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 8:11 PM
  • Mine is pretty cool. She taught me that with hard work I could accomplish anything on my own. Others never weened them off the teat.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 10:08 PM
  • Regrets,

Mine pretty much said the same thing. Her words. "Be the best of whatever you are."

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 10:26 PM
  • Your mothers appear to have raised you with no respect for women and they themselves were servants to the males in their family. With your comments you continue to disrespect your mothers - big surprise. And your protests otherwise are wasted.

Have a happy day.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 11:04 PM
  • It's so easy to have fun with the libs. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 11:10 PM
  • -- Posted by username1 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 11:04 PM

And you Suelynn are a freaking idiot.

You will never be the woman my Mother was. She was very strong and independent.... she served all who needed any kind of help, but was an owned servant of no one except her God.

I respect all ladies. I do not necessarily respect all women.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 11:11 PM
  • I only been married for 55 years... I'm sure I will figure her out some day.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 11:21 PM
  • And your protests otherwise are wasted. -- Posted by username1 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 11:04 PM

Our postings are never wasted with you around. You are reading them and responding to them and so they are valued.

You would not be a good judge of sexism or bias here. You've posted far far too much anti-white and male material here to be lecturing people on bias, racism and sexism. Physician heal thyself.

PS. I thought you were leaving this site forever? It's just too much fun isn't it?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 8:26 AM
  • Sorry Dissident the Freedom of Speech is not free. People have paid a great price for you to be able to speak freely.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 8:32 AM
  • I often wonder how posters who are married feel about their wives.-- Posted by Dissident. on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 11:19 PM

Dissident: My girfriend and I have been married for 47 yrs. and I would marry her again if she would have me. However, leave the wars to the men I don't want my daughters or granddaughter to be subject to a military draft which might be down the road.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 8:34 AM
  • This is all very consistent with Obama's aims. To fundamentally change the US into something "new" - some "dream of my father". Obama's dad was a Marxist/Leninist man who was about as radical as they come. Obama is following the dream of a man that Obama only met once or twice, never had anything to do with his son and slept around with numerous women. Talk about needing a psychiatrist.

Women in combat roles is not an American thing. It's a marxist thing.

Forcing religious institutions to pay for insurance covering abortion is not an American thing. It's a marxist thing.

Spreading the wealth and class warfare is not an American thing. It's a Marxist thing.

And Obama is fundamentally trying to change America to his marxist ideals.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 8:54 AM
  • Dug,

And Obama is going to campaign against Boehner in 2014 if he doesn't get his way with the debt limit.

Now that is funny.... what the hell are we to believe Obummer was going to do anyway.... campaign for him.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 8:59 AM
  • Wheels,

Obama campaigns on everything. He doesn't know how to lead or implement any plans. Just speak and speak and demagogue and ridicule and vacation and demagogue and golf. He doesn't work with the senate or house and is clueless.

Less than 4 years to go.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 9:21 AM
  • Your mothers appear to have raised you with no respect for women and they themselves were servants to the males in their family. With your comments you continue to disrespect your mothers - big surprise.

-- Posted by username1 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 11:04 PM

No my mother taught us manners. After Dad passed she raised her sons with a love but also plenty of discipline.

Mom grew up in Moccasin Hollow (down by Marston) in a shack during the depression. Her father died on her 7th birthday leaving grandma with 3 girls. They were truly hungry. See back then hungry people weren't fat and carried cell phones. She started chopping and picking cotton with my grandmother as soon as she could hold a hoe to put food on the table. They said they would pay her if she could keep up so my grandmother worked extra hard to help her. She worked her way though the Teachers college and became a teacher (just like you).

She's was the one that taught me that you aren't poor until you were hungry.

She taught me to never take from others what I can work for myself and I would be proud.

She also said don't give others respect they don't deserve.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 9:39 AM
  • "She worked her way though the Teachers college and became a teacher (just like you)."

Regrets,

Do you want to rephrase that statement? I never knew your Mother, but I seriously doubt she was anything like Suelynn.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 9:44 AM
  • -- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 9:44 AM

I just spit my coffee up. :-)

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 9:54 AM
  • "I often wonder how posters who are married feel about their wives."

"Privately", I hope.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:37 AM
  • "Single moms" [a badge of honor in the liberal mindset] serving in the military and leaving their children to be cared for and supported by someone else is not my idea of good citizenry.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:42 AM
  • ""Single moms" [a badge of honor in the liberal mindset]"

Old John,

I predict you will hear more regarding that statement. ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:45 AM
  • Do you want to rephrase that statement? I never knew your Mother, but I seriously doubt she was anything like Suelynn.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 9:44 AM

God no she wasn't. She said you'll never learn to take care of yourself if you have someone holding your hand.

Of coarse mom didn't cry and whine about the starving fat people with cell phones and big screen TV's needing more. She has a cell phone because I gave her one and only has a 25 inch TV. She thinks the liberal education system is now sending kids the wrong message.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 11:19 AM
  • I can't believe any sane person would support lowering standards in the military to accomodate women. If they can't meet existing standards for combat, they should not be there. To me its' not about "equal pay for equal work", but more about decreasing our ability to win on the battlefield. Why would we want that??

-- Posted by ssnkemp on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:42 PM
  • Who said "standards were being lowered"? Allowing women, in and of itself is NOT reducing standards. As a matter of fact, women will still have to meet the required physical requirements, just as men do.

"...American women are no longer banned from serving in combat. But there I catch. They have to meet the physical requirements..."

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/women-combat-meet-physical-requirements-18308055...

-- Posted by ratiocination on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:51 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 11:19 AM

Regrets,

Wasn't sure your Mother was still with us. Happy to hear it and God Bless Her!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:55 PM
  • As a matter of fact, women will still have to meet the required physical requirements, just as men do. -- Posted by gfdsa on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:51 PM

That is an absolutely, positively incorrect statement and that's putting it nicely.

Women have had and STILL have lower physical fitness standards for the service branches. They are lowering standards for the elite branches of the military as well so they can get their first woman Army Ranger. It's happening now and has always been the case.

Just google "APFT requirements" or go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Physical_Fitness_Test

Men(age 17-21) are required to do 42 pushups in the APFT, women only 19. As a Marine said yesterday - "My 250lb gunner had been shot and I had to pull him out to save his life. There is no woman I have ever met that could have done that. He would have died".

Liberal democrats have to answer this: Is pushing women into jobs they are not physically qualified to do worth someone else death? For a few more votes in the next election? That is what this is all about.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 1:13 PM
  • "Men(age 17-21) are required to do 42 pushups in the APFT, women only 19."

I think it should be the other way around. After all if a woman passes out from exertion she would have a soft landing.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:40 PM
  • Sorry, I really didn't mean that standards were being lowered, but that the physical requirements were being lowered, and that is very concerning. Those limits were set for a reason, I am sure.

-- Posted by ssnkemp on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:41 PM
  • Physical requirements are being lowered as we speak. There are doing their very best to get a woman through some of the special forces programs.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 5:07 PM
  • Wasn't sure your Mother was still with us. Happy to hear it and God Bless Her!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:55 PM

Still here, independent, and full of P&V.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 5:26 PM
  • Regrets,

That is great!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 5:53 PM
  • Wars are not fought like they used to be fought. No trenches, no long term jungle assignments, and increasingly no long term battles. Most battles now involve drone strikes, short patrols, and technology. Women are easily able to to function in MOST combat. Physical ability is not as important as it used to be. But, women should not be included in our first strike forces like the seals or marines when the area is hot. Medics, drone operators, recon, and support? Hell yes!

-- Posted by riregrist on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 11:52 PM
  • Are you speaking in terms of Afganistan when you say no long term battles?

I agree that women have a place in the military, just not in harms way.

We seem to be a nation of social engineering. Tax favors for home purchase and other incentives to behave as what the government deems best for us. The idea of women in front line combat is another government project engineered to devalue life in the name of social equality of the sexes.

John Kerry and other libs claimed the military was a volenteer system of discrimination against poor people, a favor for rich people. Now they want to offer single moms and poor gals opportunity disquised as status and equality?

Ok, I'm having a hard time making an eloquent and precise point about this but maybe some will understand.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 12:45 AM
  • Instead of allowing women to fight in combat, they should have prohibited men from fighting in combat.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 6:21 AM
  • As the marine said on TV - when his 250lb gunner was shot he had to remove him from the hole he was in (I guess in a humvee or something?) and no woman he has ever seen could do that. His gunner would have died if a woman was left to remove him.

OJ - it is social engineering. As I said earlier I can't understand the democrat obsession with make men like women and turning women into men. It's bizarre but it must get votes.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 8:15 AM
  • Uh... and how would we accomplish "equality" when nature doesn't give it? Like how are men supposed to have babies? Or women carry wounded 250 lb marines to save their life?

Democrats always like to turn things like this into a war against women or something like that. Common sense exists no more in that bunch.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 9:09 AM
  • "her fair share"

Now where have we heard that leftist talking point before?

I believe a woman can contribute to the family income and still be true to nature's plan for the sexes. Women have babies and are the center of the family unit. It does not keep them from working and earning. But there are some things that men are better qualified for and some things that the ladies are better qualified for. That is the way it was planned and we humans need to learn to accept it again.

Some ladies wanted to show their manhood by getting into the construction industry. Have you ever really noticed what goes on at a lot of road construction projects. Most I have seen are given a flag to stand and direct traffic, not all but a disproportionate amount that I have noticed.

We were building a commercial building a few years back and the concrete crew had a lady on it. She was wearing a pink hard hat. What was she doing... a token amount of work using a trowel to finish around the edges. No heavy work, in the about 4 days they were on site. No running the big lazer screed, no handling the chutes on the concrete trucks, no operating the riding trowels. But hey, she got to make her statement.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 9:36 AM
  • "...the democrat obsession with make men like women and turning women into men."

There is no such thing except maybe in your imagination. Go back and read Governor Jindal's comments.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 12:15 PM
  • Diss,

For the women that want to compete at the same jobs as men, they should be fully capable of doing the same jobs. Not given a cushy job just so the employer can hire their tokens.

For me, I always wanted to be a fitter at a ladies shop. I think I was discriminated against.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 12:42 PM
  • The social redefining of traditional family brings a new type of odd couple offered by influential Hollywood productions aimed at that cause.

The Murphy Brown redefining of family has now grown into a push to redefine marriage.

Men are portrayed in sit-coms and many product commercials as unmasculine and dim while women are featured in reality shows proving they can be as crass and far from lady-like as one could imagine.

Ward Cleaver is no longer with us, nor is Aunt Bee.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 12:43 PM
  • "Ward Cleaver is no longer with us, nor is Aunt Bee"

I think I played golf with Aunt Bee's sister and brother-in-law Thursday. They teamed my friend and I with an 85 year old couple from South Carolina. They were lovely people and spry as good be.

We had a great day, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 12:50 PM
  • "spry as good be."

Arrrrgh! 'good should be could'

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 12:52 PM
  • ..the debate is just starting ..

-- Posted by Dissident. on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 2:29 PM

Yes, and it will serve to take the heat off Obama, Hilary and the 4 Americans who were killed with no help given.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 2:44 PM
  • For me, I always wanted to be a fitter at a ladies shop. I think I was discriminated against.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 12:42 PM

I think I might like that one.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 5:29 PM
  • Nothing wrong with two women, one cooking and one cleaning up as long as there is a man there to eat the cooking!

Of course that whole logic could be reversed.

We got together one Mother's Day and the men cooked breakfast for the women before church. It was amusing to see them come through the serving line with that smug look of curiosity and expectation of man failure but there were no left overs and several came back for seconds. We even got a little praise and help cleaning up! :)

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jan 27, 2013, at 1:08 AM

Respond to this thread