Speak Out: Speak Out 6-18-24

Posted by Scaggs on Tue, Jun 18, 2024, at 6:33 AM:

🔸Missouri flowers...​News Flash! Native flowers from Missouri are weeds!

🔸Biden fundraiser...​Biden has a fundraiser in California along with Hollywood snobs Clooney and Julia Roberts. That is the only way he can draw a crowd. Trump on the other hand will draw thousands in Detroit.

🔸Separation of powers...​The fact that Trump wants the Republicans in Congress to overturn his 34 convictions shows how delusional he really is. Congress has absolutely no authority to overturn a state conviction, or even a federal one at that. It’s called separation of powers for a reason. The other name for what Trump wants is called the weaponization of the law

🔸Casting stones...​It’s really troubling what’s going on in our country. Regardless of what party, religion or affiliation you associate yourself with assaulting each other verbally or physically is horrible. We all do things that are not right. Jesus once said, "He who is without sin cast the first stone." Maybe we should all ponder on that on a daily basis.

🔸Disappointing Cardinals...The St Louis Cardinal fans are showing their disappointment of this year’s team by not going to the games. The lack of scoring runs and too many errors have been a problem. The young, inexperienced manager is another factor, but to be fair, we can’t expect him to manage a team with every player not producing. The upper management chose him and are responsible for the downfall of one of the once better teams in the league. Ultimately the ownership has to take responsibility for the team on the field. Hopefully, the players will play to their potential and turn things around, but at best they can end with a winning record but are far from being a World Series contender.

Replies (9)

• News flash!! Most flowers were weeds until cultivation and propagation.

Duh.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Jun 19, 2024, at 7:56 PM

hmmmm, in the minutiae of current happenings, seems this area may be getting another over-the-air TV channel - MeTVtoons

"If you love the classic animation you've seen on MeTV, then hold on to your carrots and Acme-brand dynamite! MeTV Toons, a brand-new TV network destination dedicated exclusively to the very best of classic animation, from Hollywood-era shorts to made-for-television favorites, bounces onto TV screens starting Tuesday, June 25th." https://www.cbs58.com/news/brand-new-metv-toons-network-launches-june-25

Punching the 63701 ZIP code into https://metvtoons.com/schedule/ suggests it will be on Channel 9-4 starting June 25. Channel 9 currently broadcasts only the Telemundo Spanish-language channel on 9-1.

Dunno if I can hold my breath that long but will be looking for it. :-)

-- Posted by fxpwt on Thu, Jun 20, 2024, at 7:54 PM
  • MeTVtoons is great , it comes out of KFVS12 if I'm not mixfused. If a person were to like the cartoons of the 60's MeTVtoons has 'em covered , some I'd forgot all about , and some old time comedy like the 3 Stooges and such too .

There's a whole lot of old prime time TV shows from the '60s through the '80s...if a person were to have some time on their hands , it's a good thing to past that time on , it's when cartoons were cartoons 😀 😂

-- Posted by Scaggs on Fri, Jun 21, 2024, at 5:25 AM
  • ...errr , channel 699 on Spectrum

-- Posted by Scaggs on Fri, Jun 21, 2024, at 5:27 AM

-- Posted by Trunkle on Fri, Jun 21, 2024, at 5:25 AM

Looks like it's happening!

Channel scan this AM picked up channel 9-4, currently broadcasting introductory stuff about 'coming soon June 25'.

Ahhh, to remember the days and times of wayback, such as when I could run through a yard sprinkler...without looking like a freak! :-)~

-- Posted by fxpwt on Sat, Jun 22, 2024, at 7:06 AM

Ahhh, to remember the days and times of wayback, such as when I could run through a yard sprinkler...without looking like a freak! :-)~

-- Posted by fxpwt on Sat, Jun 22, 2024, at 7:06 AM

Fxpt, try that today and someone just might call the guys with the white coats and they would haul you off to the funny farm.🫢🫢🤫🤫🤣🤣

I wouldn't recommend it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jun 22, 2024, at 9:05 AM
  • Wheels,no idea how we made it this far. Making summer fun in sprinklers,drinking out of hoses,settling arguments without worrying about someone’s feelings,flying around in the Buick with no seatbelts or airbags. No one heard of peanut allergies or some weird O wanting his pronouns. Went to school and were taught subjects not gender studies. We knew what restroom to use. Watching Saturday morning cartoons where Wile E Coyote got blown to smithereens every week without a warning it may be harmful to young viewers.

I could go on but you get my drift.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sat, Jun 22, 2024, at 9:54 AM
  • -- Posted by Scaggs on Sat, Jun 22, 2024, at 10:54 AM

It's on like Donkey Kong!

As has been teased or otherwise promised, MeTVToons is live now, after showing its advertising loops over the past couple of days, currently showing the Beetlejuice cartoon, er, animated show.

Even showing up as a new entry in the TitanTV.com broadcast listing for this area, although not broken out by the specific shows scheduled...yet.

Now making for 51 over-the air (antenna) channels available in good ol' Cape Garagedoor.

-- Posted by fxpwt on Tue, Jun 25, 2024, at 6:56 AM

Respond to this thread