Speak Out: Unemployment rate drops to lowest in four years

Posted by huntress2 on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 7:58 AM:

"The unemployment rate dropped to 7.7 percent in November, the lowest in four years, as the U.S. economy generated a stronger-than-expected 146,000 jobs, the Labor Department said Friday.

The Labor Department added that Superstorm Sandy, which many had expected to dampen job creation, did not have a substantial impact on the national data.

"It looks like the job market is holding firm," said Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics. "That's encouraging in light of all the fiscal uncertainties."

Economists had expected non-farm payrolls to rise about 93,000 and the jobless rate to hold steady at 7.9 percent."

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economywatch/unemployment-rate-drops-lowest-four...

Replies (93)

• And we forgot to add that 574,000 people fell off unemployment rolls and quit looking - gave up. That loss is the real reason that the unemployment "rate" dropped. The number of unemployed Americans is now at a staggering 88,883,000!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 8:48 AM
  • Well, that's today's headline. We'll have to wait and see how much it will be 'adjusted' upward next month - like most all of the previous months have been.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 9:15 AM
  • Dug

Most historians put the unemployment level of the Great Depression at 11,385,000. So could it also be aurgued that the unemployment Great Depression

much higher too. How high was it really?

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-people-were-unemployed-during-the-great-...

-- Posted by Some Random Guy on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:18 AM
  • I am just saying that since unemployment Great Depression is higher then today. That whold mean that unemployment during the Great Depression whould have to have been something like 500,000,000. What was the population back then anyways?

-- Posted by Some Random Guy on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:26 AM
  • The housing market is in recovery at a fast pace, inflation is low and employment is increasing at a rate to grow the GNP to all time highs.

This all due to Obama abandonning the failed policies of Bush and leading the nation in a Forward direction toward a cell phone in every pocket and a chicken in every pot!

[Just trying to fit in here]

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:51 AM
  • -- Posted by Some Random Guy on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 10:18 AM

The method of not counting people as unemployed who have quit looking for jobs is a more recent method of lying to the American people.... and please note, I did not say Obama, this came before him but he is happy to use the watered down numbers.

It kind of like not counting food and fuel price increase when you calculate the Core CPI. Good thing most of us don't use food and fuel... right?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:14 AM
  • "a cell phone in every pocket and a chicken in every pot!"

Old John,

With a campaign slogan like that, I think you would be a sure fire winner... we should run you for something.

Not figured out what yet, but I'm working on it. :-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:19 AM
  • Wheels, If you run me, don't forget to add the vallet parking with proof of handicap at all roller rinks. I would pay for it with a value added tax on golf club memberships, a new kind of tee tax.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:39 AM
  • Just because an unemployed person exhausts their unemployment does not mean they are no longer counted as unemployed. Dug's trying to down play good news.

http://www.examiner.com/article/am-i-still-counted-as-unemployed-if-i-stop-recei...

Some people do quit looking, but there is no reason to presume everyone "not working", is unemployed and or unaccounted for. Some decide to retire, some continue in a "stay at home" capacity etc.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:43 AM
  • Reasoning, Send me the $431/week and count me happily unemployed.

I wonder how they will count the part time employed when they surpass the full timers.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:55 AM
  • The Bureau of Labor Statistics shows the Labor Force Participation Rate at 63.6% indicating that, as Dug says, the number of people not participating in the workforce continues to shrink.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

Before the beginning of the recession, that figure stood at about 66%. The current rate is lower than it stood at the height of the recession. This is not good news.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:55 AM
  • As employed part-time.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:56 AM
  • "There were positives and negatives in the November employment report, and I'd like to start with two clear positives.

"First, seasonal retail hiring was very strong in November (see 3rd graph below). There is a fairly strong correlation between seasonal hiring and holiday retail sales, and this record seasonal hiring suggests a solid holiday season.

"Second, a key theme we've been discussing is that we are nearing the end of state and local government layoffs (see last graph). This has been ongoing for over 3 years, and it appears the drag from state and local governments is mostly over. Of course employment at the Federal level is still shrinking, and everyone expects more austerity in 2013.

"Other positives include better than expected employment growth, the decline in the unemployment rate to 7.7% (the lowest level since December 2008), a decline in part time workers, and a decline in the long term unemployed (although this is still very high).

"Negatives include the decline in the participation rate, the downward revision to payroll jobs in previous months, and no change in hours worked."

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2012/12/employment-report-more-positives-than....

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 12:01 PM
  • "Just because an unemployed person exhausts their unemployment does not mean they are no longer counted as unemployed. Dug's trying to down play good news."

Dug didn't say they were no longer counted as umemployed just because they exhauste their benefits. He said there were those who "...fell off unemployment rolls and quit looking - gave up."

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 12:07 PM
  • "Any foe wearing insignia as a "Leader" would be mine to proudly erase/eliminate."

That's why the Army and the Marines don't wear insignia in the field, and don't salute in combat zones. You have to watch to see who's giving orders and who's following them to figure that out. The uniforms all look alike.

We Navy guys didn't have that requirement. We' rarely waded ashore within a sniper's range when there was shooting going on. That's why he have Marines.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 1:10 PM
  • Have been watching war movies for years, never quite figured out how armies got their numeric designations as in the Third Army or 100 and something division.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 1:14 PM
  • Not being an Army man, I've never known how they are divided. Wikipedia has an article on it here, for whatever that is worth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divisions_of_the_United_States_Army

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 1:23 PM
  • Shap, Why didn't I think of that? :) Thanks

Now back to my partly unemployed station in life, back at 11:00.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 1:27 PM
  • During the Revolutionary War, Benedict Arnold gave the order to his men to specifically target officers, resulting in disorder among the troops. The rules of gentlemanly conflict forbade this, and the Americans were branded as ruffians and savages for engaging in the practice.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 1:29 PM
  • -- Posted by Reasoning on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:43 AM

I'm trying to "play down good news"??? I think you're trying to "play up bad news". Using your very approach to this:

If there was one person in the entire United States that had a job and there were 200 million people who couldn't find a job then the unemployment rate would be 0% - full employment!

I suspect you and other liberals used the same logic when you rationalized your vote for Obama. Read that statement above and think it through slowly before responding. Again, the *fact* is that 547,000 people fell off the employment rolls and the number of "employed" Americans is as low as Shapley said (thank you for posting that). It's bad news, very bad news.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 2:39 PM
  • It should be dropping with Bernacke pumping in 40 billion dollars per month of printed money for the next 36 months and when we get to the 36th month if we make it that far without a great depression then what do we do? kick the can further down the road the can has just about met the end of the road now.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 2:44 PM
  • Right now I am studying the Democrats Master Plan on the economy. When I get it down pat, I am going to follow their plan by taking on as many credit cards as I can con lenders into sending me. If I can juggle this correctly by moving balances and paying the minimum only, I might just be able to borrow my way out of debt.

Further, if I can talk the credit card companies into letting me extend my own credit limit when a card fills up, I could carry this out to infinity..... or could I?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 3:03 PM
  • It's clear to me that Obama does not want to stop the fiscal crisis. I think he salivates at tax money coming in while pretending to worry about "main street". And the fact that he really hasn't a clue or original thought on how to LEAD on anything. His entire approach has been to fly around and campaign for one singular purpose - when it happens, make sure he doesn't get the blame. Then the country goes to **** in a hand basket and he can pass the blame. He doesn't care about the result.

He is by far the worse president I have ever read about or lived through. Not even Jimmy Carter comes close to this.

And the liberals-in-hiding on these threads speaks volumes. Even Common used to swim upstream against all the facts but I think Obama's actions now are simply indefensible. Glad I didn't vote for this impostor.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 3:10 PM
  • Rick,

Couldn't disagree with what you said.

I think the liberals who have been posting are awfully quite right now because maybe even they can see with the events of the past week or so that re-electing this empty suit was not the smartest move made back in November.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 3:31 PM
  • "The number of unemployed Americans is now at a staggering 88,883,000!"

More staggering BS...

There are about 195 million Americans between 18 and 65. Even without deducting mothers that don't want to work, that means the unemployment rate must be 46%.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 4:47 PM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 4:47 PM

Read it and weep. I'll warm up some "crow" in the microwave so it tastes better when you eat it. From the OBAMA (see "God") bureau of labor and statistics government office:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-07/146000-jobs-added-november-beat-expecta...

Clearly you have difficulty comprehending simple math. Do you seriously not know that the unemployment rate is based only on those that are looking for a job? Speaks volumes of your credibility in other posts. You're just making things up.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 5:44 PM
  • Unemployment numbers are played with every month by the Labor Department all depends on what direction the wind is blowing for the previous month. There is jobs out there the problem is you can't get a lot of these people to go to work because of all of the entitlements being handed out like candy. Time to start the WPA Days back up and rebuild the infrastucture which is crumbling pull them off of the front porch and report to work and learn how to earn a pay check plus a trade, but the hand outs will stop can't have your cake and eat it to at the same time. To many that can work but refuses to work because they choose to draw extended unemployment checks week after week plus welfare have become dependent on these government hand outs.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 6:03 PM
  • Do you seriously not know that the unemployment rate is..." (not based on the 89 million people out of the labor participation workforc, but is) "...based only on those that are looking for a job? Speaks volumes of your credibility in other posts. You're just making things up."

Again you are totally lost, out to lunch, whatever, when you claim that "number of unemployed Americans is now at a staggering 88,883,000!"

That number of people includes the unemployed looking for work, but it also includes those not looking for work, for example all those conservatives that are living off of their dividends, since they are not participating in the labor market. As with your other ridiculous claims, no one believes them...

Apparently some have no conception of what the labor participation rate means. The chart on your link shows the rate varying between 64% and 67% from 1980 to the present, The highest participation was during the Clinton administration, and thereafter, it started falling. Try reading your links.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 6:37 PM
  • I read my link. And 547,000 additional people dropped out of the labor market - many gave up looking for jobs therefore the rate of unemployment fell primarily for one reason. That labor market is shrinking PRIMARILY due to people who have given up looking for a job.

Read my link as well. While you're spinning, how about a comment on how the democrats in the US senate won't pass Obama's fiscal cliff plan. You seem to be hiding from that as well. I look forward to your political spin on that as well. Is that "Bush's fault"?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 6:58 PM
  • I think common just said this is GW's fault.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 7:29 PM
  • I was thinking about Wheels idea about getting more credit cards to pay off debt.

Seems like a plan. Borrow a bunch to buy some solid assets like flat black at a low fixed rate and pay it back with inflated dollars when rates are high. I'm thinking a lot of folks in the late '50s bought houses and farms at 6% 30 year loans for a payment that was a lot less than rent 25 years later, plus those houses and farms doubled, trippled in value.

Maybe it is the time to get into debt, but I still trust the reasoning of my elders that saw a lot of folks lose everything in the great depression. And then I remember some folks that lost farms in the '80s because they owed more than they were worth and banks called in notes.

Oh and I just remembered, people got upside down in housing and lost out not that long ago. Hummm

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:26 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:26 PM

Old John,

Only thing stopping me now, I can't seem to find the right credit card companies. None seem to want me to be able to set my own credit limit as the need arises.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:46 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:26 PM

Old John,

Only thing stopping me now, I can't seem to find the right credit card companies. None seem to want me to be able to set my own credit limit as the need arises.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:46 PM
  • Wheels, I approached a vending machine tonight and it shut down right after flashing "no credit" on the display panel.

My cousin in NE Mo that won the big power ball won't even return my calls. Tough times indeed!

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 11:55 PM
  • Old John,

You and I are having about the same run of luck. kinda depressing.

Goodnight..... I just woke up after dozing off. Think I will go to bed.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 12:39 AM
  • I would like to see a source to prove this as well ... -- Posted by .Rick Lately on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 9:38 AM

Good luck getting a response. I posted the Obama administrations own numbers regarding the labor statistics and Common spun then run. Calls Obama's numbers BS, doesn't provide any facts and then lays low.

Again, these liberals are tucking tail. Obama wants the fiscal cliff and they are shamed to see they were suckered a 2nd time into voting for a community organizer that said he would cut the deficit in half, keep unemployment under 8% and unite America.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 10:35 AM
  • I think Spaniard moved to Spain where the economy is probably doing better...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 10:36 AM
  • It is hell to be broke, many of us seen this coming years ago but in reality it can be fixed but the people are going to have to be the ones to accept that if they choose, oh we can keep going on printing and borrowing money but if we do the day will come when we least expect it, that it all stops cold in it's tracks then what are we going to do? We are in serious trouble right now but congress and the administration must come to the table here very soon and start resolving this or at least make an asserted effort that will send a strong message around the World that we can still lead.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 10:58 AM
  • Rick,

I think it should be the the Missourians responsibility to post a list of all of the missing liberals from these threads in the Missing Persons column.

Ike is OK though, don't need to put his name on the list, he just dropped down to the 'dog channel'.

About as high as he wants to raise his head I guess

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 11:58 AM
  • I think if anybody should tuck tail and run, it is you right wingers. There is no need for liberal posters to take a stand for Obama, the voters did the speaking. You folks will make yourselves even more miserable and pathetic than what you are by keep trashing Obama, the winner by far in the election. By no means I'm I telling you to get over it. I actually find humor in your postings.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 12:31 PM
  • "the winner by far in the election"

Correction here Lefty.... a winner by a small margin of the takers who weren't to lazy to get up off the couch and go vote.

If we, 'the Producers' all decided to quit working you deadbeat lovers are going to have a serious problem.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 12:41 PM
  • the winner by far in the election. By no means I'm I telling you to get over it. I actually find humor in your postings. -- Posted by left turn on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 12:31 PM

I find a lot of humor in your denial that 60% of governorships and 60% of state legislatures are republican controlled. Voters did get the message this past november. Apparently you didn't

Obama 50.6%.

Republicans at the state level - 60%.

US House - still Republican.

Mr. Sock Puppet - who is the "winner by far in the election"?

By no means am I telling you to get over it. I actually find humor in your denial

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 12:42 PM
  • Who was it one time that labeled Wheels as Sitting Bulls****** #1 and Dug as Sitting Bulls****** #2 ? I thought that was funny.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 12:51 PM
  • Name calling and no response. Sounds like your president - blame the "rich" and provide no answers. You definitely voted for the right role model based on your all style and no substance posts.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 1:14 PM
  • No no Lefty, I think you are confused again. I remember your Messiah being referred to as Walking Eagle, don't remember what you are talking about, unless you are making a statement now, using the past tense to do so.

Anyway if you aren't someone's sock puppet you wouldn't remember anything on her that was over about 60 days old.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 1:14 PM
  • "US House - still Republican."

Again someone is foolishly comparing apples and oranges. The House of Representatives is elected from highly gerrymandered districts so their percentages do not represent a national result, nor is it comparable

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 1:58 PM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 1:58 PM

Let me say it again common-

US House is STILL controlled by republicans. Again, go look at an election map. The people that elected your president are in large metropolitan areas (aka big city) with the highest crime, highest unemployment and biggest welfare/government dependency/entitlement around. Not to mention their "city" debt that compares nicely with our national debt. Liberals proving exactly what happens when you elect liberals to govern. The liberal democrat model is a proven failure and unfortunately they are responsible for the presidency and the senate.

You own these debts, you own this record unemployment and you own the coming fiscal crisis because you voted for this. And I noticed you neglected the huge majority of republican run state governments. Hmmm.... looks like your party didn't get the message.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 2:23 PM
  • Dug,

Common doesn't realize that those Governors were also elected from what you might call larger "gerrymandered districts" which were just hammered into states a few years back. Maybe he could explaing some of the configurations, like say the Bootheel of Missouri if he doesn't think political considerations had something to do with the shape of the states.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 2:40 PM
  • Wheels,

Exactly what I was thinking after I posted. Those darn "gerrymandered" states. If only Obama could change them all with one executive order. Common would be proud. :-)

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 2:53 PM
  • Dug,

Got kinda quiet over here all of a sudden. What did you do with Common?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 3:58 PM
  • BC

Technically you are correct. I was just pointing out to Common the at least some State boundries were formed for political reasons about the same way originally. Probably did not make a lot of sense, but then neither did his argument.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 8:06 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 9:30 PM
  • I always thought that Gerrymandering only applied to representatives. -- Posted by BCStoned on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 7:52 PM

It does, just making a point with Commons response to losing the house of representatives. They also lost the states but he keeps avoiding that. He blames democrat losses on "gerrymandering". He's run out of excuses.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 9:40 AM
  • With these kinds of numbers what incentive do welfare families have to go to work.

Obama's legacy ixs truly going to be more than the "Food Stamp President"... it will be the 'Total Welfare President'. He surely has done nothing else worthy of note.

In the process he is wrecking our country, so we can attach that to his legacy as well.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/the-welfare-spending-chart-you-wont-want-to-see/

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 2:52 PM
  • Thanks for that chart Wheels. $30 per hour. Can I say it's getting out of hand.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 7:19 PM
  • Reminds me of spending on education where the free government education cost a lot more than the private education that is paid for.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Dec 9, 2012, at 11:39 PM
  • And the liberals-in-hiding on these threads speaks volumes. Even Common used to swim upstream against all the facts but I think Obama's actions now are simply indefensible. Glad I didn't vote for this impostor.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Dec 7, 2012, at 3:10 PM

Hiding? I think it's more likely that most of us think, what's the point of commenting here? I also believe most of us have found it's just more interesting and fun watching you guys come up with new ways to churn it. Also, now that the election is over, some have moved on to other things, but you should feel free to continue to replay it - over and over....

I'm moving on and checking in from time to time.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 7:16 AM
  • The fact remains Obamanomics doesn't work to improve an ecomony. It destroys it. To just accept and believe the unemployment rates they publish is to ignore the facts and the truth. The administration knows their drones will not question them. If they really wanted the truth, they would seek it out. The media has no interest in truth but to advance the Obama agenda with propaganda. Verify the information before you just accept it.

-- Posted by jadip4me on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 9:21 AM
  • I'm moving on and checking in from time to time. -- Posted by username1 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 7:16 AM

How shallow. Elect someone and then just walk away for another 4 years. Now THAT is a typical democrat. Obama could push an executive order banning all domestic energy but as long as he's a democrat why pay attention and get involved? You've completely abrogated your responsibility as a citizen to an elected dictator?

I protested when Bush signed the Medicare "donut hole" entitlement. Also when he quit leading in the last 2 years of his presidency. He appeared to have given up.

Sounds like you pay attention just every four years? Not me.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:41 AM
  • By posting on a forum Dug? If that's how you stay involved, it explains a lot. Anyway, I don't need to hear you guys replay it over and over everyday - it's like a soap opera. And good lord Dug, this is not my source for unbiased news - I come here for laughs. You take this place seriously? Dug, I'm sure you'll accomplish a lot by spending time here, making idiotic comments with the rest of the bunch and crying. Why don't you "own it" - you lost...a month ago.

PS - I'll write it really s l o w l y so you get it. I'm moving on from this SITE, not from the real world Dug.

How's your "students"? Yeah, right. LOL

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 6:17 PM
  • "elected dictator". Kind of a dumb statement even coming from you Dug, don't you think?

And where did you "protest" Bush? - here in the forum? How'd that work for you? You're "the man" Dug, you're the man.

And thanks for the laughs again tonight Dug.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 6:37 PM
  • Back to the tread about the low unemployment. Did you know 75% of the jobs gain in the last 5 months were government jobs? Isn't that convenient?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 6:59 PM
  • Dug,

Chalk it up to good riddance.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 7:22 PM
  • Looks like the sock puppet has lost again. Can't stand the heat? It's hard to spin lies like you do continually so I can understand the pressure to leave. A teacher with students from Africa, Europe, Cuba, China, Mexico? Where? In Holland, MO? LOL!

You're just mad that you lost the last election and live in a state dominated by republicans. You are so easy to get frothing at the mouth. I pity the young white boys in a class with a racist teacher like yourself. You won't be missed.

As wheels said - "good riddance"! The credibility of these forums will only get better when your made-up postings are gone. You're too easy.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 8:54 PM
  • Dug - own it - you're the man! What "heat"? You give yourself WAY to much credit if you count your comments as "heat". LOL

I don't have any students from Cuba or Holland MO. One of my student's father was called back to Israel during the recent events though. I thought that was interesting. I'm not mad about the election, but I am glad President Obama was re-elected. And Dug, I didn't vote a straight ticket so you have no idea if my people won (other than President Obama). You really hurt me with your "You won't be missed" comment. I read it to my husband and we both had a good laugh at you. Why are you so worried about "young white boys"? It make you sound racist. And Dug, there is no credibility in these forums. After all, you post here. Own it!

Oh, and you didn't answer any of my questions in my previous post (6:37).

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:11 PM
  • Like I said Dug, sometimes I come here just to get laughs. Again - thank you for those. You're the biggest joke I know.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:16 PM
  • Why should I answer your questions? You're tucking tail and running back to your school of Kenyans, Cubans, Chinese and now Israeli's? Too funny! Any eskimos is your so-called "school"?

The reason I pity any white young men in any class you might teach is because of your past racist rants against white men. That is something that you definitely "own".

You didn't vote straight ticket? Was there a marxist on the ballot besides Obama? You definitely don't vote for anything right of Barack Obama according to your own words.

Sorry you lost the last election in Missouri. Maybe one of your students from Antarctica could find a place for you to live.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:17 PM
  • Kind of hard to say good-bye eh sock puppet? You keep leaving! Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Ha!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:18 PM
  • Dug you are such a loser. Wow. And I mentioned my students from Israel before - if you care to check back (don't really care if you do). Never said I had Cubans or Kenyans students though - something else you just made up. I don't have a "so-called" school - it's a real one, unlike your "students".

And I don't feel like I lost in the election in MO or with President Obama. I'm not the one crying about it - that's you Dug. As a matter of fact, I love MO. Oh, and Claire is going back to DC too. Life is good.

Dug - I come and go as I please - like I said I would. You don't need to watch a soap opera every day to know what's going on and sometimes they are fun entertainment - like you.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:55 PM
  • Ha!

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:18 PM

"Ha!" Good one Dug - LOL

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:56 PM
  • The reason I pity any white young men in any class you might teach is because of your past racist rants against white men. That is something that you definitely "own".

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:17 PM

This list is for you Dug. It's not just me:

GOP must stop courting angry white men | StarTribune.com

startribune.com/opinion/commentaries/178123001.html

Nov 9, 2012 -- Ann Romney said one thing during her husband's presidential run that no one can dispute.

Angry White Men | Harper's Magazine

harpers.org/blog/2012/11/angry-white-men/

Nov 8, 2012 -- Can the Republican Party genuinely change its attitude toward women and minorities?

Angry white male - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_white_male

Angry white male (AWM) is a pejorative term which typifies a white male who ...

Why Mitt Romney Lost: Winning Over The Angry White Male Was ...

atlantablackstar.com/.../how-romney-lost-winning-over-the-angry-w...

Nov 7, 2012 -- Tagged With: African Americans, angry white males, latino voters, Mitt ... There simply are not enough white men left in America to win the big ...

New York Times: GOP Dwindling Collection of 'Angry,' 'Grumpy Old ...

newsbusters.org › Blogs › Clay Waters's blog

Nov 8, 2012 -- The New York Times issued a triumphant editorial Thursday, "Republicans, Unplugged -- A diverse America hear the right-wing appeal to fear .

Dear angry white conservatives: Chill out - Salon.com

www.salon.com/2012/11/.../dear_angry_white_conservatives_chill_o...

Nov 13, 2012 -- Other angry white folks used the Internet to send out racist ... White men are supposedly the saddest and most oppressed of all groups, ...

Secret to Romney's Defeat: Not Enough 'Angry White Guys'?

www.cnbc.com/.../Secret_to_Romneyrsquos_Defeat_Not_Enough_...

Nov 7, 2012 -- Republican senator Lindsey Graham's remark that there weren't enough "angry white guys" to bring Republicans to power seemed prophetic in ...

Daily Kos: I work with nothing but angry white men...what to do?

www.dailykos.com/.../-I-work-with-nothing-but-angry-white-men-w...

Nov 9, 2012 -- In upstate South Carolina, I would guess most people work with a bunch of angry white men. In fact, I'm a 40-something white man, native of the ...

Secret to Romney's Defeat: Not Enough 'Angry White Guys ...

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 11:17 PM
  • So racists put up articles and you agree with them? Nice. It's the company you keep. Interesting all the lefty links you provided. An intolerant leftist that doesn't vote straight ticket? Right! You've got us believing you now.

I'm not crying, I'm boasting. 60% of governors and state legislatures are dominated by republicans. Missouri included. That's crying? Your comprehension lacks on here and wouldn't be a good mix with your racial antipathy in the classroom with your white young men as students.

You still here? Thought you were leaving.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 11:24 PM
  • Dug,

You cause her to stay.... I'm gonna hold you personally responsible. ;-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 1:51 AM
  • I googled it Dug - that's the 1st page that came up. It includes a dailykos and a Lindsey Grahanm quote - something for you to spin if you want though. And you can keep up the "racist" comments if you want - just reflects what you are Dug.

Dug, do you really think I care if you believe me? And you are crying - every day - why don't you own it?

As long as I'm being entertained, I'll hang around, but I'm learning nothing new and I know I'm just killing time. I guess I could be "protesting" like you did with Bush, but that would be stupid.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 7:11 AM
  • -- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 1:51 AM

I hope Sue Lynn stays. This is just too much fun. She (and apparently her husband) are too easy to bait. Toss that piece of bacon on the hook and she bites like a 3lb bass in April. She bites harder after saying she was leaving the site! She can't resist that bacon.

I'm just concerned about those young white males in her class. We may be hearing a news story about her someday when they "out" her for her hate of white males evident in her postings here.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 9:10 AM
  • On these threads and others. Look it up - you'll find it.

You don't have to carry a gun, punch people in the face, commit felonies or destroy property like the democrat union protest in Michigan yesterday.

The definition of protest:

"Noun - A statement or action expressing disapproval of or objection to something."

I'll let you do the researching on the many threads and posts. I don't have to. I know I did protest some of Bush's policies.

You still upset at the Republican sweep of state houses - the "mandate" - in this past election? Looks like the people got their message and embraced it.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 11:16 AM
  • "We won. You lost. Deal with it. America has rejected you and your ilk." -- Posted by Spaniard on Wed, Nov 7, 2012, at 9:59 AM

When I responded that the republican message was overwhelmingly accepted in a 60% landslide of state elections and the US house you went into hiding and refused to respond. When proven wrong you get upset and disappear.

There are many other posts where you appear to upset. Including the one above. A "LYING liar"? Read your words above.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 11:34 AM
  • If characterization of someone's posting is a lie then you would be guilty based on your own definition. You've blamed Bush for many of Obama's failures with little data or fact just your opinion or your interpretation of events. That is a "lie" by your own definition above and "very dishonest". If you want to refute something then by all means do so but getting upset and calling someone a liar? I think someone is upset.

Your 11:19 posting sure seems upset to me - my characterization of it. There are others.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 11:53 AM
  • Dud did the same to me Spaniard. I'd never expressed a concern about the state elections either. Dug keeps saying "own it", but he won't. LOL I'm thinking he "protested" only in his head. That accomplised a lot. He's getting confused about his lies now and can't keep track.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 9:10 AM

Dug, you're sounding rabid in the 9:10 post. You're saying stupid things like you might have gone over the edge. And sadly, you can't resist lying in every post. Better wipe the froth away.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 12:56 PM
  • Your 11:19 posting sure seems upset to me - my characterization of it. There are others.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 11:53 AM

Dug, if THAT seems upset to you - you might want to go back and reread your posts for the last few months. Especially after you lost in the PRESIDENTIAL election. I've decided you're too much of a wimp to "own it". Don't worry about it, it's just who you are. Have a good day and take your meds.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 1:01 PM
  • Sue Lynn - I respond in-kind to posters on here. You have serious issues going way back on these threads before you created this sock-puppet ID. Many run-ins and rabid postings. If you're going to start that with me, you're going to get it back. If it tastes bad in your mouth, stop.

wimp, take your meds, etc. are all childish approaches of yours and quite frankly alarming coming from someone who supposedly teaches in a school with students from Korea, Kenya, Cuba, China, Israel - did I miss any? And your continual pointing out of slight misspellings or posting mistakes is very childish.

You will continue to get the treatment you give. By the way, why the sock puppet id? Why did you attempt to disguise who you were before? Very telling. I would hide too if I was known for this behavior and your racist statements. Time to create a new user ID Sue Lynn.

"I'm moving on from this SITE" -- Posted by username1 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 6:17 PM

And yet you still post?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 1:20 PM
  • Missouri's dominated by Republicans? I guess Jay Nixon switched parties without my knowledge.

-- Posted by riregrist on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 1:44 PM
  • -- Posted by riregrist on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 1:44 PM

New to the site?

6 of 8 of Missouri's US representatives are Republican.

The Missouri House has a Republican "supermajority" - veto proof.

The Missouri Senate has a Republican "supermajority" - veto proof.

Technically they don't need a governor to pass any legislation they want as long as they all agree.

Obama lost Missouri in 2008 and even worse in 2012 to the republican nominee.

If Obama won a mandate with 51% of the votes then Missouri is a landslide republican state. That is called "domination".

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 1:55 PM
  • I keep seeing your posts about republican "domination" everywhere. I seem to recall that the results of the last election saw the republicans to lose some seats in both Senate and The House at the federal level. That's domination?

-- Posted by riregrist on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 3:05 PM
  • You're right - "some" were lost. Republicans were not rejected for the most part. They held their position in the US house and senate with some - few - losses. Nothing changed in Washington regarding control as the republicans lost zero control of what they had before the election.

The election wasn't all about Obama either. It was also held at the state level and as I have posted here before 60% of governorships and 60% of state legislatures are controlled by republicans. That is domination and clear acceptance of the republican message by voters.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 3:41 PM
  • "There where more jobs during the Great Depression then we have now."

More nonsense. I would not be worth refuting, but there are probably some who would believe this.

The U.S. population in 1920 was about 106 million. Even if we had 100% employment including every man, woman, and child, it would not be sufficient to fill the 133 million non-farm payroll jobs currently existing in the United States.

There was more employment, in one sense, back then. That is to say, there was no unemployment compensation, such that even those who were unemmployed usually found some kind of employement - self employment, part-time employment, casual-labour employment - to put food on the table. Even so, by no measure could there have been more jobs during the Great Depression than now. Keep in mind that women did not enter the workforce in great numbers until World War II.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 3:44 PM
  • -- Posted by Dug on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 1:20 PM

"alarming" - "frankly" even. whoo boy you must really mean it. And am I being "schooled" by the fake? And Dug, you said childish twice.

Again, you only post part of the statement I said about moving on Dug. Can't keep it together, can you? Wipe the froth away... And if you mock me as a teacher, when I make a mistake - I'll point out yours. Can't stand the heat oh one who has "students" too? BTW - I never said I had students from Kenya or Cuba - those must be yours.

AGAIN Dug, if THAT seems upset to you - you might want to go back and reread your posts for the last few months. Especially after you lost in the PRESIDENTIAL election. I've decided you're too much of a wimp to "own it" (something you like to throw out at me). But again, don't worry about it, it's just who you are. Have a good day and take your meds and maybe a good nap too.

And Dug, your remarks might mean something to somebody if you didn't have a history of name calling, lying, and just crazy. Wipe the froth.

Almost forgot - is "Dug" the only name you've used here? Nope, it's not you crazy sock puppet. "Very telling" isn't it? Froth again. And guess what, I might post again in an hour (or not). Tune in to find out.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 4:19 PM
  • Especially after you lost in the PRESIDENTIAL election. -- Posted by username1 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 4:19 PM

You're husband must be Dexterite1. Curious that you have "username1" and your partner has "Dexterite1" and you both make the same exact statements. News flash to you and hubby - I didn't lose an election. I wasn't running. I know that's a bit above your head but I'll give you a pass.

My spouse just caught me laughing out loud. She asked why I was laughing and I told her to read your post. She said "Oh my God this person is crazy!". I told her that's why I don't give out too much information. Go reread that post - it's hilarious! Smell of a melt down.

I have never had another ID. You have though and you've never answered why? As I said I would change my ID too with your history. I have friends and family that post here and know me very well. I don't lie about my personal life like you do.

I thought you were leaving this site? You're too easy to bait.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 5:06 PM
  • I find nothing funny nor humorous with America's current state of affairs .

-- Posted by .Rick Lately on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 5:45 PM

Me either, but that has nothing to do with the comments of posters here which I do find funny and entertaining.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 12:57 AM
  • Why would I care what your wife thinks - I don't even care what you think dru. She's probably as crazy as you are. I just hope she doesn't lie like you.

You lied through that entire 5:06 PM post. From, "You're husband must be Dexterite1" to "I don't lie about my personal life like you do."

Do you honestly think anyone here believes your nonsense and lies. Do you think I'm the only one laughing at what you post? YOU keep responding to what I post and claim that I'm taking YOUR bait. OK - sure. Live in your happy make believe world if you want Dug. Now don't be "baited" into responding to this post or someone might think you are a fool.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 1:30 AM
  • "Now don't be "baited" into responding to this post or someone might think you are a fool."

It would appear that he is one of those people who need to heed the following advice...

"It is best that you remain quiet and allow others to believe you are a fool, rather than to open you mouth (write posts) and remove all doubt."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 6:14 AM
  • -- Posted by username1 on Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 1:30 AM

You're too easy sock puppet... what are you hiding from?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 8:56 AM
  • -- Posted by Spaniard on Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 9:29 AM

I can't apologize for asking a question that you get upset about. I asked a question, you could provide an answer like:

a) I've never been upset about that

b) I am upset but over it

c) all of the above

d) none of the above

It's not that hard. Posing a question is not a lie, it's a question. And you are correct - when challenged on your LYING liar (your words) that the country rejected the republican message - I responded to your lie that the republican message was accepted in a big way as evidenced by the *elections* in November. If I lied with my opinion then you certainly did with yours based on your definition.

When you apologize for lying about the republican message being rejected I will gladly apologize for asking you a question if it will make you feel better. Don't want to hurt any feelings here.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 12:22 PM

Respond to this thread